As we close Cybersecurity Awareness Month (CSAM) it’s not the close of awareness we need to be vigilant all year long.
Here is 7 final tips to close out the month.
- Make Security A Priority
- Remember you are the first layer of defense in Cybersecurity.
- Phishing attacks account for more than 80% of reported security incidents these attacks come via emails, text, or chat messages from people or businesses that appear to be from legitimate friends or family or businesses that you deal with. be wary of any unexpected message or unusual request from friends or family.
- Everyone is trying to be more aware of cybersecurity and the threats we face and you should too!
- Being Cybersecurity aware means creating strong passwords (these days meaning a 12 character password) using Multi-Factor Authentication (having a code sent to your phone or email to allow allow access), Backing up your data in case of a ransomware attack, Updating and knowing about the software and services you use.
- Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart Put CyberSecurity First!
These 7 tips can help prevent you and those around you from being victims of a scam or other types of cybercrime.
You should be weary of those around you as well because even if you are following all safety measures if those around you aren’t you could get swept up in a scam they get caught in. So educating those around you is also a critical element to your own personal cybersecurity.
I hope these tips will help you in providing a more safe and secure online experience. For even more tips and tricks be sure to follow me on my other social media accounts and my business GEFNET on Facebook.